2012 has been a busy year for ResponseTap, formerly AdInsight. Here are our top 5 highlights of 2012:
- In May 2012 ResponseTap, at the time called AdInsight, received an investment from prominent technology investment company Eden Ventures, enabling us to invest in infrastructure, innovate at an even faster pace, develop a wider product range and increase our staffing by over 100%. It also escalated plans for international expansion.
- The increase in staffing levels necessitated more space, so in June 2012 we moved into larger and newly refurbished offices taking over a whole floor of Furness House in Salford Quays. The new office was designed but employees weren’t shown the plans until the new office was actually unveiled, complete with open plan desk space, indoor garden and state of the art conference and meeting rooms. We were also pleased to open our London office later on in the year in November, providing a base to better service our many customers in the South.
- Commitment to product development is something we are well known for at ResponseTap, so we were pleased to announce the development of our new call tracking service designed specifically for the affiliate marketplace; rTap-performance, at A4U in October. rtap-performance will enable Networks to provide a Pay Per Call solution to Advertisers, and calls driven to Advertisers can be correctly attributed to the relevant Publisher and commission can be paid accordingly. rtap-performance means that Pay Per Call campaigns can be tracked in the same ways as any other campaign, and can benefit Advertisers, Publishers and Networks by providing complete transparency between the three.
- In November, to support our plans for international development, we were excited to unveil our new name and brand, and AdInsight became ResponseTap. The name and new look were designed to reflect commitment to product development and growth, and marked the start of a new era; further establishing us as the leaders in voice-centric marketing technology across the UK and moving into the US and Canada.
Plans for international expansion progressed in November with the opening of our US office based in New York. This marked the release of our innovative call tracking technology in North America and Canada, and businesses in the US and Canada can now monitor the ROI of their online and offline marketing with our market leading call tracking technology.
Whilst 2012 has been a fast paced year, here at ResponseTap there are certainly no plans to slow down. We are looking forward to the release of rtap-performance early in the New Year as well as other planned product developments, and will continue leading the way in call tracking technology and more.
If you’re lucky, your phone’s ringing off the hook and you’re rushed off your feet. You’re not complaining of course, and as long as you’re answering the majority of the calls you’re doing well. If you miss one, they’ll leave a message and you can call them back, right?
Not necessarily. Research by BT showed that 69% of people that call a business will hang up instead of leaving a message. That means they call someone else, probably your competitor. It won’t matter if you’ve done your SEO homework and you’re number one on Google; if you don’t pick up, a customer will go straight to number two – your competitor. As an example, if you miss just two calls a week, you’ve lost 104 customers. If they would have spent an average of £50 each, you’ve missed out on just over £5,000 of business. Ouch.
Using a call tracking solution gives you the means to eliminate this scenario. When you use call tracking, if a call is missed, an email alert is sent to you with the number that called you, alongside data on the campaign that led them to call, for example a PPC advert on Google, organic search result or offline marketing channel such as a newspaper advert. If they found you online, call tracking software can even show you which keyword they searched for to find you. You can then take the initiative to call them back as soon as possible, armed with information which enables you to tailor your conversation to what they might be interested in; infinitely more preferable then simply stating ‘I had a missed call from this number’ whilst your busy potential customer racks their brain trying to remember who you are and why they called you.
By utilising an affordable call tracking service such as ResponseTap (formerly AdInsight), you can improve your marketing ROI, not just by ensuring there are no missed leads, but by giving yourselves the best possible chance with the potential customers you call back as you will be informed on what they might be looking for.
Optimising your marketing ROI holds many challenges, one of the main trials being to monitor your online to offline conversions. By finding out what is generating leads and converting them to sales, you can use this information to increase sales with future advertising campaigns and enhance your website content and layout. To do this you would need to:
- Understand the path to conversion; the process your customer went through to get to the point of purchase.
- Discover the barriers to conversion; the obstacles your customers have met when getting to the point of conversion. These might include online forms, quote requests and even reading the content on your site.
- Review the interaction between your customer and your website to understand the ROPO (Research Online, Purchase Offline) journey. According to research done by the Kelsey Group, 97% of consumers are now researching products and future purchases online even if they buy offline. It is important to know what moved them from finding your business and researching a product on your website to actually purchasing from you.
- Obtain opportunities to upsell and cross sell to increase the amount of revenue created, sell more products and get a better Life Time Value from each customer.
Custom variables are the name value pair tags that you can insert in your tracking code to track the actions carried out within a page, such as the progression through an online form, shopping basket or even the interaction with a product image or customer reviews. By observing the custom variables you set up on your website you can see the way viewers are interacting with the pages within your website and you can better understand the process each consumer went through to get to the point of buying from you as well as the barriers they met throughout this process. You can monitor these custom variables with website analytics services, and if their website visit results in a call to your business, utilising call tracking technology will help identify the precise point at which a visitor picked up the phone.
By testing for and identifying which parts of your website are the main barriers to conversion, you can overcome them. These might be an area of an online form that viewers are finding confusing and is creating questions, or even as far along in the process as the shopping basket. A study by the Online Retail Payments Forecast stated that 20% of viewers never actually make an online purchase. It could be that there are no problems with the site itself, but that people just don’t trust online payment systems and decide to call you to buy instead. Using custom variables to measure this type of activity in the context of the customer’s phone call enables you to make better design decisions which will move more customers to the point of conversion with greater efficiency, whether that be online or by phone.
Additionally, features within call tracking technology such as Call Whisper and real time data connections can give call handlers insight into customer behaviour on your website by telling them which area of your site a caller is on when they call, and what they were searching for before arriving at your site. This means that call handlers are better equipped to answer questions relevant to that section of the site.
ResponseTap, (formerly AdInsight) is one of the few companies that supply call tracking solutions which gives you the ability to observe custom variables within your website. This technology provides you with the most comprehensive data on the path to a phone call conversion currently achievable. This in depth analysis of how consumers are interacting with your website can be invaluable to any business.
Today, we are delighted to announce that AdInsight is now ResponseTap. Since forming AdInsight in 2008, the company has gone from strength to strength. Our call tracking products have evolved and developed, and are now used by companies across a range of industry sectors and of all sizes, from SMEs through to large corporations. Earlier this year the company received £1.6M Series A investment which enabled us to increase the number of people in our team and we are still growing. ResponseTap is the UK leader voice-centric marketing technology company and provides the most advanced call tracking service yet. We have ambitious plans for the future and our new name, ResponseTap, has been created to reflect our focus on the development of our product portfolio and our commitment to innovation.
We are pleased to reveal our new logo and new look website www.responsetap.com, and we look forward to bringing out lots of new developments in the near future.
PPC, or Pay Per Click, advertising is the adverts on search engines or websites that you only pay for when someone actually clicks onto it to go to your website. It needs to be monitored carefully to check that the money being spent delivers sales. Call Tracking allows you to monitor offline calls which come from PPC ads, and here’s how you can use it to build your business and save you money.
- You can lower costs by reducing your bid on keywords that don’t result in sales. Call tracking software allows you to see which keyword your customer searched for to get to your site. If people are searching one particular word or phrase, clicking on your PPC advert and calling you but not buying, the keyword might not be as relevant to your business as you had thought. Don’t forget, every time someone clicks on your PPC advert and calls you only to find your business is not what they are looking for, you are wasting money.
- You can get your business more customers by increasing your bid on keywords that do result in sales. If your call tracking solution is showing that a majority of your sales are from people clicking your PPC advert after searching for one particular phrase, be prepared to spend more to ensure that your ad appears in a prominent position so that people will see your advert when they search that phrase.
- You can ensure that all calls are dealt with. If you have paid for someone to visit your site through the advert only for them not to get through, you are throwing money away. Using the call tracking software you can monitor how many ‘missed’ calls there are, find out why and put in place an appropriate response. Are you understaffed at certain times? You can also find out when you’ve missed a call by receiving an email alert stating that you have missed a call. The email gives you the number of the phone that rang you, enabling you to call them back, minimising any potential lost business.
- You can make sure that every sale is being accredited to the correct marketing method. If someone originally found you on an organic search, but they forgot your business name or website address, used a search engine to find you again and clicked your PPC advert instead this time, using a call tracking service you can see the visitor’s full history and credit the sale to your SEO marketing as well as your PPC. This allows you to see which marketing campaigns are resulting in the most sales.
- You can identify the true value of PPC campaigns. For example, a useful report for a travel companymight be the Keyword Report, which would enable them to see which keywords were generating phone calls. Generic keywords such as “Cheap Holidays,” previously thought to be low-converting and ineffective might actually be generating valuable telephone calls and offline sales.
- You can compare your PPC campaign to your other campaigns using data gathered about your call volumes and using your conversion attribution reports. This will show you whether your PPC campaign is resulting in actual sales or just calls.
- Call tracking software integrates with other marketing analytic tools such as Google Analytics and CRMs, allowing you to build up a holistic picture of your PPC campaign’s results.
- It’s not that expensive! Good quality PPC call tracking software such as ResponseTap (formerly AdInsight) is scalable, which means whether you are a small or multinational company, PPC call tracking is affordable to you.
PPC call tracking means you can improve your marketing ROI and marketing planning using data obtained with minimum effort on your part without having to bother your customers by asking for feedback. By saving you money long term, PPC call tracking is an investment well worth making.