ResponseTap is recognised as a leading software technology house at the forefront of Call Intelligence. We are seeking a Lead Linux Systems Administrator to lead an engineering team and guide the development of the platform’s infrastructure.
Accurate delivery of high value solutions.
- We focus on value. We deploy robust techniques, DevOps, lean, continuous integration and delivery to cut through the noise and focus everyone’s attention on delivering quality solutions to our customers in the fastest possible manner.
- We’re collaborative. Our aspiration is to get as close to the customers as possible.
- We’re innovative. We push ourselves to use the right technology for now and to fulfil our long term technology vision.
Rapid team growth with a keen focus on skills, processes and inspirational coaching.
- We’re about people first. Creating the right environment for the smart people we employ is the first responsibility of all leaders in the business
- We’re improving. We are committed to excellence and strive to enhance the skills of every individual through training, coaching and Professional Development
- We’re growing. We will be growing the Infrastructure Team and you’ll need to enhance the culture, quality and shape of the team as we do.
Working alongside the CTO you will be responsible for the supporting and delivering the direction of the company’s infrastructure platforms and maturing a DevOps culture across the technology departments.
Additionally you’ll work closely with Head of Development, Head of Product and Test Manager to implement continuous delivery and reliable deployment using the latest tooling and processes.
- Day to day team leadership of a team of 5 engineers including Senior Sys Admin, MySQL DBA & Network Engineers. These responsibilities will include prioritising tasks; assisting the Infrastructure Team and developers with architecture decisions; and leading by example delivering the latest technology and tooling.
- Ensure the companies compliance with industry standard security regulations and be the point of contact for customer security reviews.
- Work alongside the CTO on the strategic direction of the department as the business scales out.
- Work with the software and platform development teams in a DevOps culture to design solutions so as to maximize performance, efficiency and operability of our Linux / VMware / Netapp / AWS based SaaS platform.
- Configure, monitor and maintain our production, pre-production and development environments
- Be the point of escalation for the infrastructure team in order to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- To participate in the provisioning and deployment of server, network and other hosting-related equipment, including hands-on build and configuration as/when required
- Participate in the deployment of new applications and/or changes, ensuring that all service components are monitored and integrated into the company’s operational processes.
- Extensive of working within DevOps environments
- Experience of working within a microservice architecture
- Experience of Docker & container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of AWS implementation at scale ideally EC2, Kinesis, DynamoDB and Lambda.
- Exposure to messaging architectures such as RabbitMQ and AWS SQS.
- Demonstrable understanding of Puppet configuration management and deployment tools such as Jenkins and Thoughtworks GoCD
- Experience with physical servers, datacentre hosting infrastructure and management
- Storage/SAN deployment and management experience (Netapp ONTAP)
- VMware build, deployment and management experience
- Linux deployment and management experience (Redhat / CentOS preferred)
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Perl & Python) are required
- Enthusiasm and talent for acquiring complex technical skills
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Experience of working within a team of multi-skilled Infrastructure Engineers
- Working with 3rd party suppliers and managing the infrastructure budget
- Previous experience of gaining security certification such as ISO27001 and PCI-DSS
- Experience in network architecture and implementation
- Extensive and active hands on system administration of Linux / Unix production platforms
- Substantial hands on experience with MySQL at large scale in a production environment
- In-depth knowledge of service monitoring and alerting (Nagios XI preferred)
- Previous experience of working with Apache / Tomcat / Java
- Experience / exposure to Asterisk / OpenSIPs and VOIP technologies
- Knowledge and experience of load balancing technologies (Brocade vTM)
- AWS certifications such as Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer would be an advantage
Reporting to the CTO, the Lead Linux Systems Administrator will be expected to work closely with the following:
- Head of Development
- Head of Data & Decision Science
- Head of Product
- Head of Operations
- Test Manager
- Effective Communicator
- Highly Motivated
- Proactive / Self Starter
- High Attention to detail
- Problem Solver
Click here to submit your application