ResponseTap is one of the UK’s most innovative technology companies! Developing our cutting edge call Intelligence technology we manage billions of transactions each month for thousands of clients globally, collecting web, phone-call and e-commerce data.
Due to continued success and growth we are now looking for the best technical talent to come and join us in our much sought after waterfront offices in the heart of Exchange Quays, Manchester.
What we’re looking for: The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and relish a challenge, we are looking for a talented individual who enjoys their DBA work and treats part of this as a hobby and not just a job. This role is very much hands-on where you will help to take our database architecture to the next level, therefore we are looking for a seasoned Senior DBA.
• As the DBA working on the platform you will be responsible for everything relating to all databases whether this is infrastructure, performance optimization, and monitoring live databases.
• You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our new database infrastructure for development and production. Ensuring that high availability and disaster recovery requirements are met.
• You will be responsible for migrating our existing database stack into a more fault tolerant and highly available clustered environment to match our need to scale with growth.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the optimal performance whether this is via query optimisation, database tuning or scaling out.
• You will be supporting the system when it goes live so you will be required to understand all elements of the platform, not just the databases.
Who we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience as a DBA with hands on experience using MySQL or a variation of, e.g. Percona XtraDB
• Experience in a 24×7, high traffic OLTP environment
• Demonstrable experience working on scaling MySQL beyond simple replication, in particular experience of Percona XtraDB Cluster or Galera Cluster technology would be highly advantageous.
• Any experience of running MySQL/Percona/Galera in a containerised environment will also be highly advantageous.
• Thorough understanding of implementing and using database performance monitoring and analysis tools e.g. PMM
• Thorough understanding of RDBMS system and architecture with emphasis on MySQL
• Strong Experience in database disaster recovery planning and recovery
• Experience implementing database upgrades and security patches while minimising downtime and automating where possible
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems
• Experience with automation tools such as Terraform
• Experience in handling database performance optimization via query or server optimization
• Good knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS
• Experience with administering NoSQL databases is also desirable
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• An excellent verbal and written communicator
• Hardworking and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
• Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
Click here to submit your application